Whip Naked Tallow Balm is made from just 2 all natural ingredients – 100% grass fed and finished Australian beef tallow and organic virgin jojoba oil.
Whip is pure, gentle, and has amazing skin-soothing properties. Perfectly safe for all ages including infants.
** Please note, this is an all natural product that has not been bleached, deodorised, hydrogenated or altered. As such, it may retain a slight tallow scent. If you are super sensitive to smells and you can tolerate a scented product, perhaps you might like to try one of our scented tallow balms such as Whip Native Tallow Balm or Whip Summer Fields Tallow Balm. **
Common Uses for Whipped Tallow Balm
See this article for what some of our customers have used our Whip Tallow Balms for.
Tallow is incredibly compatible with our natural skin biology and with the oils that our body naturally produces. You’ll notice the moment you spread the tallow on your skin that it goes to work straight away. You’ll feel the tallow melt into your skin, leaving a fully moisturised feel but without the greasiness in a matter of moments. A little goes a long way, so only use just enough!
Tallow is naturally filled with goodies for your skin:
- Alpha linoleic and linoleic acids (omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids) – In almost a 1:1 ratio, these maintain the structure and barrier function of the skin. Very helpful anti-inflammatory and immune responses in skin.
- Vitamins A, B12, D, E, and K – All highly nourishing for skin. This combo of vitamins is only found all together in animal products.
- Stearic acid and oleic acid – Fatty acids found in the outer layer of the skin and in our natural sebum. They’re regenerative, softening, moisturising, and anti-inflammatory. Stearic acid helps to repair the skin and improve flexibility, while the oleic acid helps all of these beneficial nutrients penetrate deeply into the skin.
- CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid – Packed with powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits.
- Palmitoleic acid – One of the basic building blocks of our skin that decreases as we age. It’s a very active antimicrobial on our skin.
- Palmitic acid – Improves smoothness of skin and helps with skin barrier function. Palmitic acid decreases as we age.
Why jojoba oil?
- Teaming with antioxidants and omegas:
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant that boosts collagen production and elastin, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays an important role in the protection and rejuvenation of skin and enhances the skin’s immune system to help destroy free radicals that cause premature ageing
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that’s beneficial in reducing UV damage to skin, softens skin and helps the skin retain moisture
- Omega 6 is a fatty acid which helps replenish the lipid structure of the skin and is vital in maintaining your skin’s barrier, keeping it smooth, moisturised and elastic
- Omega 9 is a fatty acid that maintains hydration, improves skin elasticity, softens skin and reduces inflammation
- Deeply nourishing and suitable for all skin types
- Shares the same molecular structure as the natural oils found in healthy human skin
- Natural emollient – Supports dry, flaky skin, leaving skin feeling smooth and soft
- Jojoba replenishes the ester content we lose as we age (diminished ester results in dry skin and fine lines)
- Non-comedogenic (meaning it won’t clog pores or cause breakouts or acne)
Storage & Shelf Life
Whip Tallow Balm will last for 6-12 months if stored in a cool dry place and free from contaminants.
Tallow melts at 37 degrees C so if you leave it in the car on a hot day it will melt and the oils may separate. If this happens, all is not lost. Simply bring your Whip back to room temperature and stir the ingredients back together. If your tallow balm has lost its fluffiness, you can whip it again with the hand beaters to get that famous Whip consistency.
Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get right back to you.
We are an Australian small business based in the treetops of Ballard, Queensland.
Our skincare is made in small batches to ensure the highest quality and freshest product is going out to you and your family.