Organic Wild Hibiscus Flowers – 50g
- Crushed organic wild hibiscus flowers.
- Member of the mallow family, very high in vitamin C and bioflavinoids (commonly known for their antioxidant activity).
- Wild hibiscus has shown to be a mild diuretic, stimulates bile production, blood thinning and blood pressure reducing, and stimulates intestinal peristalsis (wave-like contractions).
- The plant is also reported to be antiseptic, aphrodisiac, astringent and digestive.
- As a folk remedy it has been used to treat cough, stop heavy post-partum bleeding, lower fevers, aid hangovers and often used as a tonic for digestive and kidney functions.
- Commonly brewed into hibiscus tea – Cooling, refreshing, fruity with a mild citrus taste. Enjoyed hot or cold, it’s common to add a sweetener such as honey.
- The calyx is great for making jams and jellies as it is high in citric acid and pectin – Think the rosella jam that grandma used to make!
Botanical Name: Hibiscus sabdariffa
Common Names: Florida cranberry, Indian sorrel, Jamaica sorrel, Jamaican sorrel, Java jute, red sorrel, rosella, roselle, rozelle, sorrel, wild rosella, wild hibiscus, hibiscus
Growing Status: Certified Organic
Plant Part: Flower
Ingredients: Certified organic crushed wild hibiscus flowers – Nothing else.
Contraindications: Wild hibiscus flowers are often companion planted with peanuts. Occasionally fragments of peanut shells are present. Caution should be taken by individuals with severe peanut allergies.
Storage: Best stored in a cool, dry environment out of direct sunlight.
***Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own health decisions. Nothing on this website is to be considered health advice. You must seek the advice of your healthcare practitioner before making any changes to your healthcare routine, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.***