Organic Schisandra Berry – 50g
- Used by many herbalists to help improve circulation, strengthen the heart, aid in digestion, and increase bile flow.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) it is thought to harmonise the body and help retain energy.
- Long history of use throughout Chinese medicine and throughout the rest of Asia.
- Said to aid in keeping the nervous system balanced.
- Sometimes known as five flavour fruit because of it’s complicated and pungent flavours, however it’s not typically used in cuisine.
- Known for lung and heart health benefits and is commonly used to treat stress, depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
Botanical Name: Schisandra chinensis
Common Names: Magnolia vine, Chinese magnolia vine, schisandra, magnolia berry, five flavour fruit
Growing Status: Certified Organic
Plant Part: Whole berry
Ingredients: Certified organic schisandra berry – Nothing else.
Contraindications: According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), schisandra should not be used in cases of excess heat, or in the early stages of a rash or cough. Patients with high gastric acidity or peptic ulcers may experience exacerbation. It is also considered contraindicated in patients with epilepsy, hypertension, and intracranial pressure. Schisandra may increase uterine contractility, and is used in TCM to induce or promote prolonged labor; therefore, its use is not recommended during pregnancy.
Storage: Best stored in a cool, dry environment out of direct sunlight.
***Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own health decisions. Nothing on this website is to be considered health advice. You must seek the advice of your healthcare practitioner before making any changes to your healthcare routine, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.***