Organic Gotu Kola – 40g
- Gotu Kola is known for its ability to enhance cognitive function, increasing blood vessel and collagen growth. The plant is known for soaking up heavy metals from the soil.
- Known for increasing long-term memory, improving healing, preventing hair loss, treating psoriasis, treatment of stomach ulcers, used to increase skin strength and collagen production.
- Used for reducing anxiety and as a natural anti-depressant by increasing serotonin and dopamine.
- Gotu Kola has a very mild to slightly bitter taste.
- Traditionally mixed with ghee in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Legend has it that people observed elephants eating wild growing Gotu Kola and, knowing their memory, decided to try it themselves.
- Nicknamed the “Herb of Enlightenment” by monks, yogis, sages and Daoists.
Botanical Name: Centella asiatica
Common Names: Gotu Kola, Brahma-Buti, Centella, Divya, Indian Pennywort, Indian Water Navelwort, Madecassol, Mandukaparni, Marsh Penny, Thick-Leaved Pennywort, White Rot
Growing Status: Certified Organic
Origin: Sri Lanka
Plant Part: Leaf
Actions: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, adaptogen, rejuvenating, diuretic.
Ingredients: Certified organic gotu kola – Nothing else.
Contraindications: People with liver disease should avoid gotu kola as it may make liver conditions worse.
Storage: Best stored in a cool, dry environment out of direct sunlight.
***Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own health decisions. Nothing on this website is to be considered health advice. You must seek the advice of your healthcare practitioner before making any changes to your healthcare routine, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.***