Cascara Bark – 50g
- Known for its effectiveness as a purgative, increasing bile flow, relieving constipation and for colon cleansing. Dose to the smallest dose necessary to create soft stool.
- Commonly used as a purgative, it increases bile flow and stimulates peristalsis of the colon.
- Also has been used for anti-aging (helping with wrinkles and blemishes), anti-acne and skin healing.
- Hydrating, promotes healthy hair, relieves constipation, treats gastric disorders, insomnia, helps the body fight cancer, and may assist with weightloss.
- Very popular herb with the Native Americans, more than just a medicinal plant, part of their culture.
Botanical Name: Rhamnus purshiana
Common Names: Cascara sagrada, california buckthorn, bearberry, yellow bark, and sacred bark.
Growing Status: Conventional
Origin: United States of America
Ingredients: Cascara bark – Nothing else.
Contraindications: Not recommended for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, or in those with inflammatory bowel disorders, abdominal pain or obstruction. Can also be addictive/habit forming as with many laxatives, avoid prolonged use.
Storage: Best stored in a cool dry environment, out of direct sunlight.
***Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own health decisions. Nothing on this website is to be considered health advice. You must seek the advice of your healthcare practitioner before making any changes to your healthcare routine, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.***